Mondays 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Walk into the world of dreams to enhance self-awareness by exploring and uncovering the many layers of meanings and messages each dream provides. Trained facilitators will teach skills for deciphering dream language in a safe, supportive space for self-reflection and group connection. Class will include didactics, research and plenty of experiential learning.
Objectives: After this workshop participants will:
• Be able to identify multiple methods of deciphering dream language.
• Recognize, utilize and be able to teach clients ways to remember and participate in one’s own dreaming process.
• Recognize appropriate dynamics for group dream work.
• Have acquired skills in the process of assisting others to decipher their own dreams.
• Understand the differences between Freudian and Jungian dream analysis.
• Have completed a content analysis of their own dreaming.
• Be able to normalize rather than pathologize their clients’ unusual dreams through the use of language metaphor.
• Understand the unique Western cultural perspective on the topic of dreams and dreaming, and how this perspective differs in other societies. Participants will understand how these perspectives shape who we understand ourselves to be. Participants will begin to understand how we can learn from cultures different from our own.
Location: Crossbridge Cousenling, 2000 S. Winton Rd. Bld. First Floor
Facilitators: Mary Dombeck, LMFT, LMFT, Ph.D. D. Min
Lynn Acquafondata, LMHC, D.Min
Dates and Cost: Six weeks starting Jan. 14th: $210 + $15 for LMHC credit
CEUs 9 credits for 6 week class.
LMHCs and LCATs:
Registration: Call Lynn at 585-330-1340 or email [email protected]
$50 deposit due Dec. 15th.
This course has been approved for LMHCs to receive CEUs through NYMHCA.
Co-sponsored by Kinections Creative Arts Therapies. Kinections Creative Arts Therapies is recognized by the New York State Education’s Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Creative Arts Therapists #CAT-0033. Kinections is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. (ACEP™) #5767